Mark Pompei Student Scholarship
In 1991, Mark Pompei, a young staff development officer at Allianz Australia, was tragically killed in an accident. At the time of his death, Mark was undertaking part-time study to enhance his skills and advance his career in training and development.
In the year following his death, his colleagues at Allianz Australia worked tirelessly to establish a memorial fund to be used to assist other trainers studying part-time, just like Mark. The proceeds of this fundraising were given to the Australian Institute of Training and Development to manage and use as the basis of the Mark Pompei Student Scholarship.
This scholarship was presented for the first time in 1993 and proudly continues today.
Eligibility and Submission Process
To apply for the scholarship, the candidate must:
- Be enrolled in an accredited part-time course, working towards a qualification in learning and development;
- Complete an application form and supply proof of course enrolment, as well as a statement of support from an employer or academic advisor;
- Submit a 1000-word essay on The Future of Learning and Development.
Submissions for the 2019 Mark Pompei Student Scholarship will open on 1 February 2019 and close on 31 July 2019. Please check back for further information on how to apply.
This year, AITD have enhanced the scholarship package so that the recipient of the 2019 Mark Pompei Student Scholarship will have their essay published in Training & Development magazine and receive:
- $2000 to assist with studies
- 1 year's AITD membership
- 2 tickets to the 2019 AITD Excellence Awards gala dinner
- 1 ticket to the 2020 AITD conference
- Enrolment in the 2020 AITD mentoring program
- Enrolment in 1 AITD professional development course
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone studying for an L&D qualification part-time, with the benefits totalling a value of more than $5000.
OUR SPONSORS BECOME A SPONSOR